The First Street Community Center is the starting point for this Friday’s “Mount Vernon After Dark”
The Mount Vernon-Lisbon Community Development Group (CDG), will host an Historic Uptown residence tour/fundraiser this Friday, Nov. 13, from 6 to 8:30 p.m.
Mount Vernon After Dark, offers Historic District property tours. These tours feature the food of eight local restaurants and the creative work of several local artists and musicians. Four Uptown residences, not included on the last tour, will be featured as well as four properties from previous years’ tours.
Cost of the tour is $20 per person in advance, or $25/person on the night of the tour. Tickets can be purchased in advance by cash or check through the Mount Vernon Visitor Center, 311 First St. NW, or through Mount Vernon Bank & Trust, 206 First St. SW, Mount Vernon.
Tickets are limited. If you are interested in purchasing pre-sale tickets, please contact Joe Jennison at (319) 210-9935 at the Mount Vernon Visitor Center, or Sonia Redmond at (319) 895-8835 at Mount Vernon Bank and Trust Co.
* As early as 5 p.m. on Friday tickets can be exchanged for wristbands at the First Street Community Center, 221 First St. NE. Mount Vernon.
Stops on the tour include:
- 210 First St. SE (across from the First Street Community Center)
- 108 First St. SW (Above the Mount Vernon-Lisbon Sun building)
- 110 First St. SW (above Scarlett Boutique)
- 118 First St. SW, No. A (above Video Village)
- 118 First St. SW, No. B (above Video Village)
- 119 First St. NW (above Chameleon’s)
- 124 First St. SW (above Bauman’s)
- 304 First St. SW (next to the historic United Methodist Church)
Final list of venues, restaurants, artists and musicians is subject to change.
Please Note: The tour is not handicapped accessible and visitors will need to be aware of several staircases along the route.
This wonderful event is brought to you by: